We supply a comprehensive range of medicine storage cabinets and trolleys for a variety of applications. All conforming to BS2881:1989, level 1, they are suitable for the storage of medicines in healthcare premises.
BS2881:1989 is the requirement for the storage of Medicines in healthcare premises within the UK. The full title is BS 2881:1989 “Cupboards for the Storage of Medicines in Health Care Premises”. When you buy your Medicine Storage solutions from Medpace Solutions you can be sure they will be fully compliant. Fully compliant with all the relevant regulations within the United Kingdom. You can also be sure that you will receive a first class product and service.
STANDARD medicine CABINET RANGE
|Part code||Width (mm)||Depth (mm)||Height (mm)|
|HTM71 MEDICINE CABINETS|
|HTM63 MEDICINE CABINETS|
BS2881:1989 (Security Level One) Specification for Cupboards for the Storage of Medicines in Health Care Premises
We use piano hinges to hold the doors in place. As a result, we increase the access size into the cabinet. Most of all this enables you to make better use of the internal space. The piano hinge is also stronger than other hinging methods, adding further to the security level offered by our cabinets.
As an optional extra we can fit the following options to your Medicine cabinet (or CD cabinet)
- Visual alarm, this is a warning light that is activated when the door is open. It’s a 9 Volt self-contained unit.
- Volt-free door switch – this is designed to connect the cabinet to an external nurse call system or warning light.
Please contact us for more information.
The below are British Standards and legislation our Medicine cabinets conforms to:
- BS2881:1989 (Security Level One) Specification for Cupboards for the Storage of Medicines in Health Care Premises
- BS3621 anti-pick & drill, key retaining six pin cylinder lock (supplied with 3 keys)
HTM71 MEDICINE Cabinet
Our HTM71 medicine cabinets are fitted with our HTM71 universal liners. This allows the cabinet to take HTM71 trays and dividers. HTM71 is a standard for storage within the NHS allowing for easy modular storage in cabinets and trolleys.
MEDICINE Cabinet Specification
- Constructed from 0.9 / 1.2mm thick cold reduced mild steel sheet.
- 3mm thick anchor plates at all fixing points.
- Fully welded construction.
- Anti-Jimmy folded return down full length of hinge side of door.
- A 2mm thick mild steel continuous hinge. Complete with 25mm joints and 4.5mm diameter hinge pin. Additionally, to prevent removal of the door the hinge pin is welded.
- Wipe clean powder coated shelving
Lock Cylinder Specification
- 1 x 6 Pin Euro-profile cylinder lock incorporating Anti-pick, anti-drill, anti-bump and fire resistant features.
- Independently tested to meet BS: EN1303:2005
- Kitemark – KM532920
- TS007 1 Star Cylinder
- Key security grade 5
- Torque resistance of plug/cylinder relevant to attack resistance – 30 Nm
- Meets the MLA vulnerability test for cylinders
- Key Retention – The key cannot be removed when the door is open.
- Cylinder meets BS EN1303:2005 which is the latest security standard testing against all methods of attack. The lock holds Kitemark KM532920.
- The cylinder holds Secured by Design accreditation (TS007). This is the Police preferred specification.