Controlled Drugs Cabinets
Controlled drugs cabinets are specialized cabinets used to store controlled drugs safely and securely in healthcare facilities. These cabinets are fully compliant with “The Misuse of Drugs (safe custody) regulations 1973” and BS2881:1989 level one. These are the legal regulations and requirements for the storage of a controlled drug in the United Kingdom.
The use of controlled drugs cabinets is essential in ensuring the safety and security of controlled drugs and preventing their misuse or diversion. Healthcare facilities are required to maintain strict records of all controlled drugs received, dispensed, and destroyed, and controlled drugs cabinets play a critical role in facilitating this process.
STANDARD CD CABINET RANGE
|Part code||Width (mm)||Depth (mm)||Height (mm)|
Our cabinet are constructed from at least 1.5mm thick steel.
We use piano hinges to hold the doors in place. As a result, we increase the access size into the cabinet. Most of all this enables you to make better use of the internal space. The piano hinge is also stronger than other hinging methods, adding further to the security level offered by our cabinets.
As an optional extra we can fit the following options to your CD cabinet (or Medicine cabinet)
- Visual alarm, this is a warning light that is activated when the door is open. It’s a 9 Volt self-contained unit.
- Volt-free door switch – this is designed to connect the cabinet to an external nurse call system or warning light.
Please contact us for more information.
The below are British Standards and legislation our controlled drug cabinets conforms to:
- The Misuse of Drugs (Safe Custody) Act 1973
- BS2881:1989 (Security Level One) Specification for Cupboards for the Storage of Medicines in Health Care Premises
- BS3621 anti-pick & drill, key retaining six pin cylinder lock (supplied with 3 keys)
Controlled Drugs Cabinet Specification
- Constructed from 1.5mm thick cold reduced mild steel sheet.
- 3mm thick anchor plates at all fixing points.
- Fully welded construction.
- Anti-Jimmy folded return down full length of hinge side of door.
- A 2mm thick mild steel continuous hinge. Complete with 25mm joints and 4.5mm diameter hinge pin. Additionally, to prevent removal of the door the hinge pin is welded.
Lock Cylinder Specification
- 1 x 6 Pin Euro-profile cylinder lock incorporating Anti-pick, anti-drill, anti-bump and fire resistant features.
- Independently tested to meet BS: EN1303:2005
- Kitemark – KM532920
- TS007 1 Star Cylinder
- Key security grade 5
- Torque resistance of plug/cylinder relevant to attack resistance – 30 Nm
- Meets the MLA vulnerability test for cylinders
- Key Retention – The key cannot be removed when the door is open.
- Cylinder meets BS EN1303:2005 which is the latest security standard testing against all methods of attack. The lock holds Kitemark KM532920.
- The cylinder holds Secured by Design accreditation (TS007). This is the Police preferred specification.